Monday 26 October 2015

Q + A session with two Astranti course student - ranked joint eighth place in the world for the August Strategic Case Study sitting

Q + A session with Daisy McElhinney - ranked eighth place in the world for the August Strategic Case Study sitting, scoring a brilliant 122 out of 150 marks available.

What was the key to your success?

Allowing myself enough time to learn the case material thoroughly.

What revision techniques proved most effective for you?


I made my own summary notes of the key models, rewriting the Astranti notes out as a base and building on them. I then had my flatmate quiz me. Saying the details out load really helped commit them to memory. 

Which of the Astranti course materials did you find most useful? and how important was the marking and feedback service to you?

The case study analysis videos. I think if I could have chosen to use only one piece of the material available, it would have been those videos.

I cannot stress enough how valuable a resource this service was for me. I failed my first two mocks, but by talking through my mistakes with my marker after each practice I was able to make an improvement in my grades across each subsequent mock.

What would your advice be to future students?

Practice the exam to time and be sure to be aware of the fact that each element of the question will carry the same weight. It's easy to spend far too long on the first part of the question.

Q + A session with Guillaume Joachim - ranked eighth place in the world for the August Strategic Case Study sitting, scoring a brilliant 122 out of 150 marks available.

What was the key to your success?

The key for me was first the deep Review of all technical models presented in the Astranti Study Text, coupled with their application to the pre-seen material.

The most important was the practice of the mock up exams and a deep review of the personalised correction given by Astranti marker.

What revision techniques proved most effective for you?

Time Management and planning techniques were the most effective for me since it allowed me to write a complete and balanced script.

Which of the Astranti course materials did you find most useful?

The preseen Video Analysis, as well as the top 10 issues.
  
How important was the marking and feedback service to you?

This was key for me. The marking and feedback Service was indeed tailored to my needs and allowed me to identify my weaknesses and most of all to practise exams under real conditions.

What would your advice be to future students?

My advice would be to train your time Management and planning techniques which requires you to practise as many mock exams as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment